Save Money On Your Rx
- Scientists develop new gene therapy for eye diseaseon November 26, 2020 at 1:59 pm
Scientists have developed a new gene therapy approach that offers promise for one day treating an eye disease that leads to a progressive loss of vision and affects thousands of people across the globe. The study also has implications for a much wider suite of neurological disorders associated with aging.
- Team uses copper to image Alzheimer's aggregates in the brainon November 24, 2020 at 8:08 pm
A proof-of-concept study conducted in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease offers new evidence that copper isotopes can be used to detect the amyloid-beta protein deposits that form in the brains of people living with -- or at risk of developing -- Alzheimer's.
- Team uses copper to image Alzheimer's aggregates in the brain
- Commonly used antibiotic shows promise for combating Zika infectionson November 24, 2020 at 8:08 pm
Researchers used a variety of advanced drug screening techniques to test out more than 10,000 compounds in search of a cure. To their surprise, they found that the widely used antibiotic methacycline was effective at preventing brain infections and reducing neurological problems associated with the virus in mice.
- Anxiety associated with faster Alzheimer's disease onseton November 24, 2020 at 2:21 pm
Anxiety is associated with an increased rate of progression from mild cognitive impairment to Alzheimer's disease, according to a new study.